All reaction vehicles are equipped with state-of-the-art technology and PTT radios, as well as satellite tracking and onboard CCTV cameras that monitor internal and external activities.
Our armed reaction officers undergo stringent tactical training. All officers are equipped with bulletproof vests, handcuffs, torches and 9 mm side arms.
- 24/7 Security Services is fully compliant in terms of the Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000. Accredited assessors and moderators oversee the use of arms.
- All armed officers are trained, have competency certificates and undergo regular training and assessments. Training incorporates tactical, theoretical and practical exercises.
- Our on-site Lasershot accredited training facility offers state of the art simulations for firearm training. This training is invaluable in preparing officers for real life situations – giving them the ability to use firearms safely and accurately to save lives.
Special Operations Teams (SOT)
- Armed escorts
- Business lockups
- Shows of force
- VIP protection
24/7 Security Services’ K9 Unit forms part of our Special Operations Teams and provides back-up to our Guarding and Armed Response divisions.
Our dogs are highly trained and can apprehend criminals in a controlled and professional manner much quicker and more effective than a security officer. Detection dogs have an incredible sense of hearing and a powerful sense of smell – this enables them to detect disturbances from a long distance, and well before any person or high-tech alarm system.
The 24/7 Security K9 unit provides the following services:
- Narcotics detection at schools and commercial properties
- Tracking and tracing of suspects
- Crowd control
- Night patrols
- Perimeter patrols
- Public space policing
- Back-up for Armed Reaction Operations
Our K9 Unit is headed up by a qualified certified SASSETA Dog Handler, Assessor and Trainer, and K9 Subject Head Specialist. He follows our mandate that goes above and beyond our security protection plan as he oversees to the wellbeing of our canines, including:
- Regular vet check-ups
- That their diet coincides with their genetics
- That they are well groomed
- That they are fit for duty on a daily basis