Avoid an unwanted shock – ensure that you maintain your electric fence.
- Check your electric fence regularly for damaged, broken or corroded wires, and damaged insulators.
- Prune trees and shrubs regularly to ensure that foliage does not touch the electric fence wires, and remove any dead insects or other debris from inside the insulators that could ground the wires.
- Ensure that the fence wires’ tension is correct. If the wires are earthing, the fence will short and cause false alarms.
- Remember that your need to replace the energiser battery regularly.
- Physically check that the electric fence zones correspond with the zone display.
- Test your electric fence regularly to make sure the alarm activates.