Before You Leave On Holiday
- Test all your electronic systems before you go on holiday – alarm, electric fence, beams, batteries and panic buttons.
- Alert the 24/7 Command Centre that you will be away and ensure that all your contact details are correct. If you are going to be out of contact, appoint a trusted key holder who will be local for the duration of your holiday.
- Walk the perimeter of your property and inspect all fences, gates and walls. Ensure that there are no weak spots where criminals can gain entry.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are securely closed and locked before you leave the property – this includes outbuildings and garages. Ensure that burglar bars are secure and that safety gates are locked.
- Ensure that you have good outdoor lighting that switches on at night. Motion sensor lights are always a good investment.
Out And About On Holiday
- Know where your children are at all times and do not leave children unattended or without adult supervision.
- Avoid wearing expensive-looking jewellery when out and about, and please stay off your cell phone when in a public space – it makes you an easy target for criminals.
- Be aware of your surroundings and suspicious people when visiting an ATM or conducting cash transactions.
- When shopping or visiting a restaurant, keep your handbag close to you and your cell phone out of sight.
24/7 Security Services – email@example.com / 011 444 2237